Monday, June 14, 2004

Wingnuts try to block showing of "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Well, you knew it was coming....

According to Atrios, the Republican PR firm of Russo Marsh & Rogers has rolled out a "Stop Michael Moore" Web site. Of course, the site features lots of convenient links for wingnuts to use in e-mailing theatre chains around the nation -- in an effort to keep them from showing Michael Moore's new film, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

I think these theatre chains ought to hear from those of us who want to see the film. (They've already heard from me.) If you can find some time to send a few e-mails, head on over to Stop Michael Moore and make good use of those convenient links. (I suggest using the subject line, "I WANT to see Fahrenheit 9/11.")

And while you're at it, stop by Atrios, scroll down to his convenient list of e-mail addresses at Russo Marsh & Rogers, and let 'em know how you feel about this attempt at censorship. (I told them that if they prefer a society in which citizens can be muzzled, I'm sure they'd be welcome in Saudi Arabia.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home