Tuesday, July 27, 2004

'A brave, wise, and decisive leader'

Good though he was, Bill Clinton didn't provide the only electrifying moment last night. In addition to the moving tribute to the victims of 9/11, there were great speeches from Al Gore and Jimmy Carter -- and this testimonial from Rev. David Alston, who served with John Kerry on PCF-94:

I am a man of faith, and I did not come here tonight to glorify what we did. I came here to share my personal knowledge of a young naval officer who rose to the challenges and responsibilities of leadership, and who has always shown the courage to speak truth to power.

The 27th Psalm tells us, "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear. Though war break out against me, even then I will be confident." I stand before you tonight alive, while many of our brothers never made it home. I am grateful to have lived to enjoy my children, to see them grow up. But I stand here before you only because almighty God saw our boat safely through those rivers of death and destruction, by giving us a brave, wise, and decisive leader named John Kerry.

Today, 30 years after Vietnam, American soldiers are once again fighting and dying on distant battlefields, at war with an elusive enemy. We pray for these brave men and women. They are our friends, our neighbors, our loved ones. Their loss brings all of us sadness beyond measure.

In a few short months, we will choose our next President. I believe we need to elect a man of faith, experience, and wisdom. A man who knows that defending America means defending our most fundamental rights. A man who knows that leadership is not just about telling others what to do, but inspiring them to do it. A man who knows the true meaning of freedom, equality, and democracy. And that man is my former skipper, my friend, and our next commander-in-chief, John Kerry.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2006 at 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about seattle post intelligence.

I hope you check it out.

http://moti4u.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home