Thursday, October 14, 2004

Take action

By now you know that the right-wing Sinclair Broadcast Group plans to air an anti-Kerry smear disguised as a "documentary" in its 25 TV markets around the nation.

One of the things I love about this election year is that those of us on the center-left have learned to stop taking it on the chin and FIGHT BACK.

So go sign this petition.

You'll note that the petition is going not just to Sinclair Broadcasting, but to its ADVERTISERS. Clearly, the people who organized this effort know what they're doing.

Their Web site also includes a database of Sinclair's national advertisers -- and I've politely made my feelings known to those I patronize, like Best Buy, the Melting Pot, Wachovia, Long John Silver's, Papa John's and Miller Brewing. I've informed them that if they continue to support Sinclair with
their advertising dollars, I'll have no choice other than to "vote with my feet" and take my business elsewhere.

Money talks, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home